
Well, today I called my mother to ask her a question about weather or not I eat too much fruit . . . I read online that I should limit my fruit intake because of the simple sugars in it - yet I love fruit so much! I probably eat about three servings of fruit and two servings of veggies a day. I would much rather eat fruit than veggies, and I always thought they were healthy, so the idea of eating too many blew my mind!
So I called my mom, health expert extraordinare! (or at least she likes to think she is haha) She said that I probably do have it upside down and that I should probably eat more veggies as opposed to fruits - something like two fruits a day and three servings of veggies. She did say that fruits are vital too, though. That there's a lot of fiber to help with digestion and tons of nutrients. She said that she thinks its fine unless I get close to my goal weight and I stop losing weight, then maybe I should eat more veggies, but until then I'm fine! So keep the fruit coming! Which is great since I bought this bag of delicious grapes the other day that must be eaten!
Today was my day off of working out and it was really nice and pretty relaxing. I used the time to talk to teachers and clean my apartment and have my friend come over for dinner (where we made some more of those delicious burgers!) without having to worry about working out. Tomorrow though I'm back to the grind! Its my first Fit Test. I wish I would have taken the first one so that I'd have something to compare this to, but I really wanted to jump straight in. Oh well. We'll know for next time now :)
I have also wondered about why my muscles aren't ever sore. I workout my hardest and I always pour sweat and I work to the point that I can't do anymore - I literally collapse on the ground. I read today that I might not get sore because I drink a protein shake directly after working out. Someone posted that protein after working out is great for your muscles and keeps them from being sore. I have a feeling its more of that and less of my great stretching! Anyways, it was something interesting to think about and something I think I'll keep doing since it seems to work!
No comments:
Post a Comment