Day by day we're getting stronger . . . Keep breathing. Keep sweating.
-Shaun T.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Day 13 - Care Packages and Pecan Butter



Today was Core 20 and Stretch 40. I'm really starting to enjoy stretch 40, which surprises me. I never cared much for Yoga before, but it just feel so relaxing after working out hard for a couple days. My favorite part is lying on the floor mediating and relaxing. My core needs a lot of work. Core 20 is really hard for me, something I need to work on.

Yesterday I ate pretty good I think. Much better than the days before since I managed smaller meals and healthier snacks - with the exception of the care package stuff my mom sent! That's listed in my calorie counter as Kix, but it was really two cookies and a handful of Whales! She sent Freddie two large care packages since I mentioned to her that he was broke this month. It was really nice of her, she actually tried to get him some healthier food to go with the junk food. He got Fiber One granola bars, Whole Grain Macaroni and Cheese, Organic instant Oatmeal, and of course, Whales, chocolate animal crackers, girl scout cookies and beef jerky! That boy will not be starving! haha

We also made a quick stop into Whole Foods last night since Freddie wanted some cow's milk to go with the cereal my mom bought him and we picked up some chicken for dinner too. We were going down the bulk isles when I spotted the peanut butter shelf and looking around the nut butters, I found raw organic PECAN BUTTER! Something I had been looking for for a long while! It was pretty pricey at $10 for 8oz, but I had to try it, and lo and behold, it's fantastic!!! So much better than almond butter (I never much cared for almond butter, but ate it because its better for you than peanut butter)! Its not got as much protein as Almond butter or peanut butter, but it still has a good amount and tastes great. Its got a few extra calories, but for a health food that tastes delicious, I am not complaining! I also read that pecans have the most antioxidants of any nuts! Woo hoo!


No comments:

Post a Comment